9.21.2002

Small apologies to the readers of the Portsmouth Free Press version of the October/November "In Rotation" article (aka "31 Flavors..." in the archives, here)... Well, not that there's anything wrong with it ('cause there's not), but it being the first of the articles for them, I had to say "Hello," and let everybody know what it was all about - and it takes up about half the article... next issue, I won't have to deal with any of that and can get right into it... Thanks for reading it in print, and on here (although I would probably tend to just wanna read the bigger "electronic" articles here at a very leisurely pace... yeah, that's it... just bookmark this page and my 81x site so they will always be a click away)... :) Thanks for stopping by...
*+*+*+*
Music for River Days, 2003
*+*+*+*

So, at the newsgroup, I proposed that people begin to think about some bands that they would maybe like to see come to River Days 2003, and even though the festival is a year away, I've already had a pretty busy mailbox with the ideas... Somebody had spoken about trying to get Cheap Trick to come and play Portsmouth, and frankly, I think River Days would be golden for them (and us, of course)... as opposed to, say Journey (without Steve Perry, mind you), as is being rumored to be sought... Choosing to set any "personal wishes" aside in the matter and rather focus on what everybody else is wanting is just better for me... I might pitch a few suggestions here and there (like Cheap Trick), but my job for now will be to observe and collect info from as many people as I can... So why not go ahead and get into the discussion at the Portsmouth Music Scene newsgroup Join a group of pretty cool folks out to try to make some good out of what there is... Make your voice heard... make stuff happen. Until next time... Thanks, again.