12.14.2003

What's the Deal?


I was flipping through the channels earlier tonight, and I came across Dennis DeYoung on PBS doing Styx songs with this outrageous orchestra and goofy stage show... most notably without any actual members of Styx besides himself...

Okay, I will admit that I've never been a great big fan of Styx's music. I just always thought it was a bit "overdone" or something like that... I would have liked to have seen them do just a rock album, without all the over-production and stuff, because they were obviously a talented bunch of folks...

I think that Styx is actually back together now, sans DeYoung... If I remember correctly, I think they had had enough of DeYoung trying to turn everything into a huge concept album and horribly gay stage show (does anyone remember that "thing" they tried to do live with Kilroy Was Here with Tommy Shaw having to act all ridiculous and DeYoung prancing around the stage like a sissymary?)...

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I watched ten minutes of that thing on PBS and it was god-awful horrible (the drummer was good, though - the guitarist licked warm ass)... then to top it off, DeYoung was live in the Rocky Mountain PBS studios whoring for pledges... His hair is... well... has to be fake...

p.s. - I'm feeling a little bit better, now... a little bit...


Listening to: King Crimson