1.28.2003

Kelly Osbourne Needs a Good Spanking
I know that a lot of my music-related posts are actually "television music-related" posts... so sue me. I actually sat through about fifteen minutes of "The Osbournes" the other day (only the third time I have ever had it on my tv)... This is really a show??? The coolest thing about it was definitely the Sinatra-ized version of "Crazy Train" in the opening credits... In that fifteen minutes I managed to stomach, I got to see no-talent Kelly throw a complete hissy about how she "needed a break" and proceeded to act like a four-year old (I hear she's really only six, anyway) and call her father every conceivable name in the book (and make up a few new ones in the process)... and this was all taped before she even recorded that "Papa Don't Preach" crap that led to her album... My only thought was if she didn't want the workload that comes along with trying to break through in music, she shouldn't have signed the contract (that was basically thrown at her feet because she's Ozzy's daughter)... what a whiny little bitch. If I would have acted like that to my father when I was a kid (or I imagine to this day with my mother), I would expect "the mother of all beatings" to commence on my ass immediately thereafter.
Then we have Jack, acting all cool, recording this band of complete stoner burnouts and sitting back like Mutt Lange with his fingers at his chin, listening to this pretty weak bit of rock like he's debating on making them rockstars, or something (all just because he's Ozzy's boy, not because he is actually talented in any capacity).
I have absolutely nothing bad to say about Sharon Osbourne, other than she puts up with WAY too much shit from everyone else.
Then finally, we have the madman, himself... Ozzy's music was an influence on me growing up ("Tribute" will always rank among the best live albums ever, to me), going back to the Sabbath days and all that... and to see him kind of hobbling around his house, mumbling whatever the hell he is, in fact, mumbling... I felt pretty sad for him... and I'm pretty sure he is in the early stages of Parkinson's Disease as well, judging by the uncontrollable tremors that are more than a bit beyond obvious...
I have stated before in other media, but hats off to oldest daughter, Aimee, for refusing to be a part of the show, and the humility that has come with it. Not that the little Osbourne fuck kids (save Aimee) will think they are anything but cool, or anything, but I feel humiliated for them, I guess... anything for a buck, eh, Mtv?

(Since I'm always listening to music when I'm online pretty much, I thought I would attempt to be like everyone else and post what I'm listening to when I post here from now on...)

Listening to: The Who - "My Generation:Deluxe Edition" (Disc One) (1965/2002)