11.06.2003

Welcome Back to The Romantics


Yeah, you heard me... The Romantics are back... It's been a looooooooong time since "What I Like About You," "When I Look In Your Eyes" or "Talking In Your Sleep" have been in major-airway heavy rotation (pardon the Lilix cover of "What I Like About You..." please)... but they've returned to the scene with 61/49... eighteen years after disappearing with a thud from the music scene.

The best way to describe 61/49 is "more fun than you should probably have with three chords (give or take a few)..." Placed in their nicely are covers from Pretty Things and The Kinks... It's cool to see them battle back into the mainstream after playing for poot with shit bands like the Go-gos trying to stay alive through legal battle after battle to regain the rights to their publishing...

Expect to hear more from these Detroit boys in the near future... probably from yours truly.

Listening to: "The Family Guy" on TV behind me...