12.08.2005

Dimebag, One Year Later

I'm not really sure what to say about it, but I feel I should say something. After all, Pantera and the Dime were huge influences on my "metaldom..." but I almost feel like a bandwagoner for taking about it like so many others.

The guy that killed those people was an idiot... everyone knows that. He took people's lives that didn't deserve it in order to try to prove some strange point that didn't even make any sense.

Abbott's family is suing the Alrosa Villa for, among other things, not having dealt with the assassin when he was identified as a tresspasser a few hours before the shooting and for not having metal detectors (as someone who's been to many, many, many shows at the Alrosa - it's such a cozy little place... metal detectors where probably never even thought to have been needed at a place like that before the events of a year ago).

Listening to: "Into the Void" - Black Sabbath