11.17.2005

Very True...

Several months back, I posted how I thought that Sevendust was gonna go into the shitter after Clint Lowery left to form his new band, Dark New Day.

(from the comments)
I don't know if you've heard there new album Next, but they definitely don't suck without Clint. Trust me, I had your same reservations when I heard he had left! And I love Dark New Day by the way; I saw them live in Memphis the night after I heard their album, one of the best live bands ever! Back to 7D though, no, they don't sound like the Sevendust of old, but this is not a bad thing. 2005 is not 1997.

You are correct, sir... it does not suck, but it also doesn't rock my socks quite the way that previous Sevendust albums did... just me.

His comments continue:
P.S. Creed never sucked.....one idiot just thought they did and nobody had the guts to kill that nay-sayer, resulting in this mass hysteria in which people didn't realize the incredible talent of that band.

Ooooooh... damn, dude... y'had me... until this.
Creed bit the big one... Scott Stapp bites the big one... Altar Bridge bites the big one, too. If that "one idiot" said it... well, I never fall for "mass hysteria." I made this decision based on the fact that I begin to wretch whenever I hear their music... because it is filled with such utter cheapness... musically, lyrically... whatever... it's not good... and whomever the "one idiot" is, it's not me, and he's not alone. The only people that like Creed are girlie girls and this guy I know named Jason.

Listening to: The Cult - "Electric"