10.10.2005

from the comments:

(regarding Ashlee Simpson's return to Saturday Night Live on October 8, 2005)

thanks for posting what I was thinkin too. she ruined what was a pretty damn good show. man she sucks
josh

Well Josh, you're welcome. I try not to speak for anyone but myself (so that I can be as outspoken as I wanna be), but it's good to know that sometimes there are others that share my opinions on some of the cesspool that is a lot of today's music.

Her second song of the night (I believe it's called "Boyfriend" and that it's a single) was equally as crappy as that ballad-type thing she did earlier... and she has the stage presence of a toad... I'm not trying to say that I have any stage presence, whatsoever (in fact I have been known to have stage anti-presence), but she comes across very poorly with some of the things that she does when she sings.

I also noticed that, during her second performance, I saw two people singing out of the entire band, yet I could hear three voices... which (again) implies backing tracks. I mean it was pretty obvious that she was actually singing this time, but the high harmony I'm convinced was pre-recorded... which, sadly, has become somewhat of the norm in the music racket...

Listening to: Taproot - "Blue Sky Research"