6.16.2005

Pink Floyd Reunites

I have been reading stuff about Pink Floyd "reuniting" for the latest upcoming Bob Geldof "feed the world" thing, Live 8 (a reference to the whole superpower G-8 thing) for a couple weeks now, but I couldn't find much info on said "reunion." I mean, I didn't know if it was a full-fledged "reunion" or just a "reunion" of the folks that chose to stick around... Sure enough, Roger Waters will be joining David Gilmour, Rick Wright and Nick Mason... how cool is that? I saw something that said that they were "able to put aside their petty differences for such a cause." How come you couldn't put them aside for something like the music back in about 1984?

This will mark the first time all four have appeared onstage together since 1981.

The question is, "What then?" Can they keep it together long enough to do an actual "tour?" Or even a new album? Fingers crossed, not holding breath.

Listening to: Pink Floyd - "Ummagumma"