9.24.2008

Dear AC/DC: You Suck

So Roger and I were talking at work the other night and he started telling me about the new AC/DC album... and how he wasn't going to buy it.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because you can only get it at Wal-Mart..."

"...???"

Yeah... I know. The Eagles have done it... Journey has done it... and Garth Brooks (who?) did it, too. And AC/DC arguably hasn't been as viable as either one in about 20 years. So why would they do it? Well... I think I already answered that question. Because they haven't been commercially viable in a long time... so they sell out to Wal-Mart. My guess is that they're getting some good $$$ up front... which is all that the record company would probably care about... I'm not sure who they're trying to market their album to, but apparently, it isn't kids (which is a bad move)... Kids go to malls, not Wal Mart. So, if they wanna be cool, and have the new AC/DC album to impress all their friends, they're going to do what most kids do to get their music... they're going to steal it off the Internet.

Regardless of why they're doing it and who they think they're doing it for... it stinks like shit. When Wal Mart opened up in my city, all the cool mom & pop record stores closed up, soon after... because Wal Mart is the Devil. And AC/DC selling their soul to the Devil is just bad... They're the last remaining act of a time when rock 'n' roll was about... rock 'n' roll. And to do something like this... to limit their audience in a time when, if they want to continue to make music that's worthwhile, they need an audience... bad. So bad.

Listening to:Unified Theory - "Cinematic"

Labels: , ,