2.25.2003

Great White, cont'd.

Well, the more I read about the whole situation, the more I'm starting to think that the club owner probably deserves a rogering, as well... Seems a few bands have come forth and said that they have used pyrotechnics in the club that burnt last week, with the permission of the club... While those instances don't have a damned thing to do with this particular case, it may shed a little more light on the blame game that's going on... In my search, I also saw an interview with the owner of the club in Asbury Park, NJ where Great White played and used pyrotechnics without permission, and the owner even went so far as to produce the contract he signed with the band and nowhere in any rider does it ever mention anything about using pyrotechnics (however it does carry an extremely unoriginal "all-green M&M's" clause... yeah guys, you're cool...).
So while I still blame the band for being incredibly reckless and thoughtless (after seeing how little the club was, what the fuck were they thinking trying to use pyrotechnics? Oh, yeah. I forgot... they were thinking, "We suck, so watch our sparklers, instead."), I think maybe the full blame lies somewhere in between them and the owners of the club... we'll see how it all pans out...

Listening to: Ra - "From One" (2002)