11.07.2006

Kanye West is a Big Fat Baby

After winning a few Grammys last year, rapper Kanye West has garnered a few new awards: namely Sorest Loser, Most Overrated Artist in the Last 75 Years and Biggest Douchebag Ever to Grace God's Green Earth...

At the Mtv Europe music awards, the winner for Best Video went to Justice and Simian for the video for "We Are Your Friends." When the winners came up to claim their award and give their thanks, reportedly West rushed the stage and began a tirade that went on about how his video for "Touch the Sky" deserved the award because:
"...cost a million dollars... Pam Anderson was in it... I was jumping across mountains... If I don't win, the awards show loses credibility..."
Oh, man... Who does this guy pay to tell him it's okay to be this fucking stupid?
I can't seem to find a transcript for what all was exactly said while he was onstage... Heard he was drunk... Heard he cursed a lot... blah blah blah... but backstage, he couldn't keep his mouth shut, either:
"I haven't seen [the Justice Vs. Simian video]. Possibly it could have been quite good, but no way better than 'Touch The Sky.' That is complete bullshit. I paid a million. Obviously it's not all about the money, but the response it got transcended everything. It really made great TV. It took a month to film. I stood on a mountain. I flew a helicopter over Vegas. I did it to be the king of all videos and I wanted to walk home with that award."
What a whiny little bitch...

Listening to
: Damien Rice - "9"