9.13.2003

A Perfect Circle Changes Lineup Yet Again

Trippy... I had told people several months ago that Nine Inch Nails member Danny Lohner had joined A Perfect Circle... Well, while he was one of the "founding members" back in 1999, he never actually took on a "full-time" status...
So, after talking to some people who recently saw APC, it seems that Danny Lohner, in fact, did not join the band... but former Smashing Pumpkins guitarist James Iha did...
To be honest, I think that's quite groovy. I was never a gigungous Smashing Pumpkins fan, but I always thought James Iha was a pretty wicked musician... so, to have him join one of my favorite bands in the whole wide world is pretty cool... The album, "The Thirteenth Step," is supposed to be out this Tuesday (the 16th), but I've seen absolutely zero press about it, so I'm not sure if it's still a go or not... I am anxiously awaiting... I heard the single a few times on the radio on my way out here (the soundtrack to "Underworld" features a heavier mix of it), and it sounds like good stuff to me...

Listening to: Black Label Society - "The Blessed Hellride" (2003)