10.08.2003

Ozzy to Perform Sabbath's "Changes" on Wife's Show... (ugh) With Daughter, Kelly...


The performance is tying in with the re-relase of Kelly's album Shut Up which contains a studio version of the duet.

Originally released on Epic Records to dismal sales... Kelly was dropped by Epic, and father Ozzy soon followed in protest. The album was reissued on Sanctuary Records in late September.

Pretty much the only way you're gonna sell anymore copies of that piece of tripe (have you ever actually seen tripe? pretty foul...) is if you release it with Ozzy on it, somewhere... better yet... remove Kelly's voice, replace it with Ozzy's voice, and call it an Ozzy album... No, no... even better... Remove Kelly's voice, remove the music, replace the music with different music, have Ozzy sing... and call it an Ozzy album... there we go...

Y'know... I love Ozzy. I always have. I still have my copy of Bark at the Moon on vinyl... I just replaced my copy of Blizzard of Ozz on CD less than a week ago... I haven't owned much of Ozzy since the pre-Zakk Wylde days... but I totally love Sabbath. How in the name of all that is sacred can he justify defiling such a cool old Sabbath song like "Changes" by putting his daughter's wretched voice on it? Good googlie mooglie...

Oh, well... At least it wasn't a remake of that crappy duet-thing he did with Lita Ford back in the '80s, "Close My Eyes Forever." That would have been really messed up...

Listening to: The Who - "Live at the Royal Albert Hall" (2003)