1.10.2004

...a question from the peanut gallery...


Someone came here from a search engine and they were interested in finding out how much bands make playing at county fairs...
Well, I can take a stab at that, seeing as I've done that, before... It's pretty simple... unless you are a big name country act, or Chubby Checker or some scary nostalgia-based thing, you don't get paid shit for playing. As I recall, the times I did it, I made gas and food money (barely) and that was it...
Basically, you play at county fairs so you can say you've played at county fairs and for the potential to not get called a rock faggot by all the redneck assholes waiting for some jizzbucket country "star" to show up shitfaced and put on a 90-minute country hoedown...

NOTE: if you're a redneck asshole or a jizzbucket country "star," ... well, nevermind...


Listening to: Pearl Jam - "Lost Dogs" (2003)