2.10.2006

Oh, Well

David Gilmour has announced that there will be NO further Pink Floyd reunions...
"The band? It's over. Reunited because of the good cause, to get over the bad relationship, and not to have regrets.

"I think I've had enough. I am 60. I don't want to work much anymore. It's an important part of my life, I have had enormous satisfactions, but now it's enough. It's much more comfortable to work on my own."
Oh, well... it's probably for the best. I imagine that it would be incredibly hard for them to live up to the pressure and hype... I mean, we're talking about Pink Floyd - anything less than a masterpiece would be a complete disappointment. Gilmour and Waters mended their fences, they got together and played a great set at Live 8... they went out with grace and style. I'm glad that I had a chance to see them at all.

Listening to: The Cult - "Electric"