2.19.2004

Could it Be?


Word has it that Queens of the Stone Age (at least as we have known it) is no more... Reportedly, Josh Homme (who owns the rights to the name) has fired long-time bassist Nick Oliveri for partying too much...

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm kinda happy that they "imploded," because I was much happier when they were more like "my little secret." Yeah, I loved the most recent album, but their older music was better, and I just kinda felt they were trying a little too hard to make a commercial splash, or something...

I guess the plan is that Josh Homme will form a new version of QoTSA and carry on (in name, anyway)... but without Nick Oliveri along for the ride, I don't think it will ever really be the same band... but maybe that's just me.


Listening to: Kyuss