11.24.2004

Yikes...

I was flipping the channels and I came across a recent repeat of Saturday Night Live on E! (Entertainment Television). Steve Buscemi was the host. I like Steve, a lot. He's a wicked good actor (he also reminds me of my friend Jim). The musical act was Third Eye Blind. Okay... I've never really been a fan of their music at all, but for some reason, I didn't change the channel. Their singer, Stephan Jenkins, had those $5,500 in-ear monitors... Supposedly, they help you hear yourself better than just trying to hear yourself over regular monitors. It appears that someone forgot to tell Mr. Jenkins that fact, because basically, he sounded not unlike a sick duck when they performed "How's It Gonna Be." Apparently, they have a bit of a reputation for being a shitty live band... and on that SNL I saw tonight, they came through with flying colors of suck... The only band I've ever personally seen live that sucked worse was Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Listening to: Stereomud - "EveryGiven Moment" (2003)