3.22.2005

"Head" Planning Osbourne-like Reality Show

So... Brian "Head" Welch quit Korn because he became a Jesus freak, right? Okay, so dig this little tidbit from an interview on his website (when asked about God's plan for him):
"Mathew 11:28 and to me it's God saying, 'Come tell me and seek me with all your heart and I will take away all of your pain inside and will never judge you because I love you and all I want is for you to come to me with everything in life first'. I'm also getting another tattoo on the other side of my neck called Matthew 6:19 which is also my birthdate. That verse basically says 'Don't store your treasures on earth and don't worship money or fame like it's God.' So with that said, I'm funding my life story to glorify God and I will put it out somewhere in the near future. And again, I will not keep any of the profit. I'm gonna be like the Osbournes but it's focusing on me and God and how much of a sense of humor I have with him but also how much i obey him. For example, the Jesus tatoo on my hand keeps me from masturbating and I haven't been with a woman since my ex-wife left me almost five years ago. I go to those extremes to be like Christ and it works for me. I'm moving my own camera crew in my house on Monday. My goal is to glorify God and show the world how much fun this life is."
Wow, I did NOT need to know the man's sexual habits (or lack thereof, rather) thanks to a "jesus" tattoo... but beyond that, he thinks people are going to tune in and watch a show about him being a heavy metal Jesus freak? What christian station would even show this? Well, okay... I guess I should rethink this... seeing as all the christian stations have taken a fair bit of pleasure in ridiculing bands like Korn over the years, they might jump at the chance of having someone like him enter the fold and talk about the evils of metal and how everyone needs to get Jesus tattoos on their hands so they don't get themselves off and how much of a sense of humor he and God have (that "tsunami" stuff and all that "starvation" stuff - a real hoot, I tell ya)...

You can go over to his website and read the rest of the "interview," but I'm not gonna be able to deal with much more of it, here.

Listening to: David Bowie - "Reality"