3.13.2005

Oliveri back to QotSA???

After openly trashing them in a song he helped write for the Dwarves (in which the singer states "This one goes out to Queens of the trustfund...You slept on my floor and now I'm sleeping through your motherfuckin' album...") for being booted from his longtime band, it has been reported that Nick Oliveri has been talking to Josh Homme about rejoining Queens of the Stone Age.

I know that Homme and Oliveri go back a long way and all (they were in Kyuss together, as well)... but I'd have to tell that asshole to pound sand on this one... I mean, any guy that would call himself a friend and then say the things he said and do the things he did is no friend that I would want to have again, really. I know, I know... I'm not Josh Homme... and their friendship runs pretty deep and all... but to talk the shit that Oliveri talked to everyone else... and to write a song like that... and then be like, "If anything ever falls through, I'm your bass player," and shit... I dunno. Forgive him? Sure, no problem... easy to do. Hang out and be all buddy buddy and play music together again? Like I said... pound sand, asshole.

Listening to: ISIS - "Panopticon"