4.14.2005

I got the Dark New Day EP from iTunes, yesterday (thank you Wild Cherry Pepsi)... I had previously used Cool Edit Pro to record the streams from their website and convert them into MP3s I could load onto my MiniDisc player and listen to away from the computer (I used to listen to MP3s on my Palm Tungsten E, but I think I may have worn the battery out (as well as the screen) at this point)... but the iTunes files are of superior quality, plus there's a new song on the EP, "Pieces." I like it as much as the single, "Brother."

Twelve Year Silence is due out June 14.

Those of you unfamiliar, Dark New Day is a new band made up of former members of Sevendust, Stereomud, DoubleDrive, Skrape and Virgos Merlot, as well as also appearing in bands like Stuck Mojo, Tommy Lee and Creed. Friends for a long time, they have finally decided the time is right to come together and do what they've wanted to do since they were kids.

Do me a favor? Go to the band's website (or alternately, you can go to their myspace page), check out the songs and come back here and tell me what you think? Right on...

Listening to: Strapping Young Lad (2003)