3.25.2005

...and He is Funky

So, I'm in the middle of recording some music, sitting here in front of the computer... I'm looping a pad over this drum track, seeing if it was really what I was looking for... In my quest to multitask media, I start flipping the channels (as I have been known to do) on a muted tv in a moment of distraction and I come across the NAACP Awards show on Fox about fifteen minutes ago... Much to my delight, Prince begins tearing the joint apart with this (presumably) fifteen minute jam session that was completely off the hook. Morris Day & Jerome pop onto stage and get about a minute of "The Bird" out... I don't really like Sheila E. but even she was smokin', tonight. His band kicks so much amounts of ass, it's not funny (seriously... no, I'm not laughing). What a treat for a Friday night.

Listening to: an as yet unnamed song I am in the middle of recording...