1.17.2004

Will Wes Borland Join Evanescence? (part II)


Well, it looks like the answer to that is, "no."

As my buddy Kevin pointed out in the comments section in the earlier post, vocalist Amy Lee has confirmed that former Cold guitarist Terry Balsamo has become a permanent member of the band (of course, this doesn't rule out any future collaboration with Wes). She also spent a good deal of the interview slagging Cold frontman Scooter Ward's battles with addiction, boldly claiming that Cold "could hire another guitar player and continue, but I'm pretty sure that their lead singer is in and out of rehab and having real problems. He has been for a long time and I don't think they're going to be making another record." Well, I'm glad you think you know so much, Ms. Lee. Whether or not they ever record another note, I doubt that it's your place to be commenting on it... Cold had been a band about as long as you've been alive (well, Cold was around for about fifteen years, and Amy Lee is, like, twenty, but you get the point)... You should really keep your mouth shut when it comes to other band's affairs... it won't be making you any new friends anytime, soon.

I liked that Evanescence album the first four or five times I listened to it... well, I liked about 70% of the songs without all the religious undertones, anyway (a couple of the songs, I just could not stomach, at all)... but the more I listened to it, the more it just got booorrrrrring... Now, since they've gone multi-platinum, everything I read about the band makes me think that Ms. Lee is pretty damned full of herself... I don't know what their next album will sound like, though, considering the guy basically responsible for all the "catchiness" and their gleaming production said adios in October...

I, personally, would rather listen to Cold any day than Evanescence...


Listening to: Cold - "13 Ways to Bleed Onstage" (2000)